Beta bugs

Thanks that’s really helpful - we are on the case.

Hi everyone. To recap on two problems we’ve now found with Snoops (and what we are doing about them :blush:):

IOS Users: We’ve found a problem where if you ‘like’ a Snoop from the main details page, you will get prompted about keeping it on your feed or removing. The bug is, if you ‘remove’ the Snoop, the action is not being processed correctly and the Snoop comes back to your feed later :man_facepalming: This only happens when liking from the main page of the snoop and not if you you like it through the smaller panel in your feed. This bug will be fixed in our next release (which is next week).

Android Users: As per @charlwillis example above, we also have a bug on the Snoop details page. In this example, the like button is working as it should at first. However, if you decide to keep a snoop on your feed, it gets stuck in this position as the ‘like’ can’t be removed. The temporary workaround for this is to remove the like on the small panel in your feed. It works there as it should.

We are currently working on various improvements to how Snoop interactions work in the app. Watch this space for more information about this.

In the meantime, sorry about these two pesky :beetle:'s

4 Likes

Hi

Not all about bugs but as this seems to be the most read post I thought I’d stick it all here.
I have emailed this but thought to post here as well in case anyone else thinks it’s a good idea (more power in numbers etc!) -
How about Snoops with competitions, freebies and spot prizes, that relate to where you buy or likely to buy? Discounts on bills would be good.
Also tap into the careers of Snoop users, I’m an artist and not employed, a degree in Literature, and an ex journalist, so am sure I could add something to the brand, even if it’s just a link to Snoop on my website, or you could even promote us creative peeps on the app somehow.

I’m just a shameless opportunist, I know!

Flagrant opportunistic posts aside, what I think the app does well is look aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, easy to use, cute robot thingy who is surely a candidate for merch, and easy scrolling to see savings and loyalty schemes.

However, most of these I’m already with, so would be good to be able to delete these, in bulk, not one by one, or at least mark with do not show again, in bulk if poss, rather than like or dislike. Some of them as you scroll further down are not relevant at all like Laura Ashley, hopefully it will learn to tailor offers to what I’m buying. I need to get liking and disliking but it reminds me of FB that. It’s also a bit buggy when scrolling up and down, and needs repeated clicks to get rid.

I’ve got round to clicking on categories my spendies are under, and tbh whilst this is a great feature it’s buggy and the page and graphics jiggle around when I’m trying to click on them and also do I put bills in finance or home?

Also it doesn’t display my up to date balance though I’ve refreshed it a few times. I tried wagging my finger at it sternly and even smiling at it and pixie dust but nah it’s stubbornly refusing to be au courant!

I love the fact you can see where you are spending most and how much, although this is kind of nasty as well because it’s abhorrent how much I spend on food, but you have to get some comfort and nourishment in the world rather than live on three baked beans and a piece of month old mouldy bread.

Thanks guys anyway for developing the app and giving us access to what I think is a really great nifty quick app to help us spend less and sign up for offers.

Regards
Jasmine

Seeing double?

1 Like

Morning Jasmine,

thanks for your amazing feedback (via email and on here)!

We are constantly thinking of new types of Snoops to bring even more value to our customers and will definitely feed your suggestions into that process.

We’re also redesigning how customers interact with, and feedback on, snoops within the app to make it easier to dismiss them. We haven’t quite got to ‘bulk dismiss’ yet but hopefully it will be so easy to do them 1-by-1 bulk won’t be needed (please let us know if you don’t think this is the case when we launch the new interactions).

We’re working hard to iron out some of the annoying experience bugs so thanks for bringing them to our attention.

The amazing thing about re-categorising transactions is that there is no wrong answer, you could even spread your bills out across a number of categories! We are in the very early stages of building 2 SUPER EXCITING features that will let you see your bills in a single place in the app and also let you group transactions in a slightly different way than categories…hopefully this will make it much easier to manage your recurring payments…watch this space!

have a great day,

Ross

Hi @Richard,

Thanks for letting us know - super helpful. We’ve removed the duplicate so you should only see it once in your feed now. :blush:

I’m aware of the issue across a number of banks/building societies showing the available balance on a credit card instead of the amount owed on a credit card but it’s just become even more weird for my Nationwide credit card this evening…!
I have a £9000 limit on the card and currently no debts. So I’d expect Snoop to show £9000 (until the known issue is fixed) and it definitely was when I had a look this morning. But I’ve just opened Snoop again and now it’s showing £18,019?! This is neither rmy remaining balance available nor my current spend on the card! Not sure what’s happened this evening!

Hi @charlwillis we’ve had a couple of contacts from Nationwide Credit Card customers saying something similar.

We are investigating this now. I don’t know if it’s related to various problems Nationwide have had in the last 48 hours, but I will confirm for sure once investigations are complete. So far, I’m only aware of issues with Nationwide credit cards, not other providers or accounts with Nationwide.

Paul

Hi guys,

Spotted 2 small bugs but apologies if they have already been reported.

1. When I log in using my fingerprint, the original number passcode entry flashes up before it goes to the main screen which doesn’t make it look good and it’s not smooth.

2. The like button on the bottom of the snoop isn’t reacting very well. If I click on it and press the back arrow then select the snoop the like is highlighted. If I click on it nothing happens but if I go out of the snoop and back in, the like thumb is now not highlighted.

The dislike button is a bit more abrupt so I haven’t clicked this and try to avoid, as once pressed the snoop disappears immediately and I think it needs a confirmation, this happened to me with last week’s giveaway where it was pressed in error and I lost the opportunity as I couldn’t recover it.

My top Snoop today was about a discount at ‘Very’ because apparently I’ve spent £103 with them in the last 7 months. Except I’ve never spent any money with Very! Silly Snoop.

Thank you Paul!

Morning Charlotte. I’ve just checked this and can see another merchant (also with Very in the title) resolving to Very so we can fix this. I’ve had a word with Snoop and this won’t happen again. :slight_smile: Many thanks!

Thanks Paul!

Hey @Leighton,

thanks for the heads up.

1. we’ll look into the TouchID interaction and see if we can make it smoother - hopefully it’s still making logging in much easier overall

2. We’re currently working on refining the snoop feedback interactions based on all of the amazing customer feedback we’ve received and we’ll have a look at the issue you’ve highlighted as part of this work. In summary we are changing how the old like / dislike interactions are presented and also adding a new way to dismiss snoops without having to go down the dislike / it’s wrong journey.

look forward to hearing what you think when they are rolled out.

Thanks,

Ross

Thanks @Ross logging in is better and feels more secure now, (even though it’s the same) but hopefully on the next fix rollout the pin screen will disappear, but it’s only a minor bug but makes it look better for new users etc

1 Like

Same problem with Nationwide credit card here. Negative balance showing as my credit limit plus my available balance. Quite a shock!!

Yes sorry about that @Madefeld !

We will certainly keep pushing for a fix on this one. We are in discussions with Nationwide trying to get this solved as quickly as possible.

Once we have some news, we will update here: Nationwide Credit Card Balances

After the app release, I’ve been enjoying the new Snoop options (More like this, Less like this, Done it thanks) and especially the little cross to close and clear it. So I’d dismissed a few yesterday, but today they’ve all come back. They still have my selection at the bottom whether I like it or not, but they’re back on my feed. Wanted to let you know. Thanks!

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your feedback and great you’re liking the new snoop interactions. Less great that the dismissed snoops are coming back! Would you be able to let me know which dismissed snoops have reappeared so we can look into this ASAP?

Many thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross,

I dismissed them all again so I’ll look out for any more that come back.

On the plus side, I got the ‘We’ve got a new no 1 Snoop for you today’ notification and it opened the app! Hooray! Notifications work!

Also, loving all the isolation entertainment Snoops - very relevant.

You might like to remove the Laura Ashley Snoop though as they very sadly went under recently. I suspect they won’t be the first I’m afraid :frowning:

Charlotte