New Beta Release (v.1.2.0) + Outage on Tuesday 3rd March

Hi - I’m very pleased to announce our next app release for both IOS and Android. This will be rolled out on Tuesday 3rd March.

It contains some very exciting new features, which I know many of you have been patiently waiting for :muscle:

New Features

• Biometric Login - you can log into Snoop using the security capabilities on your device (such as face or finger recognition)
  • Rename Accounts - you can now create custom names for all of your linked accounts
  • Remove Accounts - you can now remove any account you have previously linked to Snoop
  • New banks: Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank
  • If we don’t have snoops for a particular merchant, we now give an opportunity for customers to submit their own

Bugs :beetle: and Cosmetic Changes

• New category icons - we’ve had a spring clean and introduced some nicer looking category icons…we hope you like them
  • The category detail screen will now include pending transactions
  • We’ve improved how re-categorisation works on Android devices
  • We’ve fixed some problems with Android ‘Dark Mode’
  • We’ve fixed a problem where Snoops that have been liked but removed from the feed, come back after a while

So as you can see, we’ve been busy since our last release two weeks ago!

We will need to have a small outage on Tuesday morning from 09:30 to deliver these changes. I’d expect this to take no more than 2 hours, and hopefully a lot quicker. You will see a message in the app to say Snoop is not available during this time.

Let us know what you think about the new features?

11 Likes

Looking forward to trying the new version!

1 Like

thanks @Marksummers - really hope you like it. :blush:

1 Like

Cool, The duplicate transactions bug, will be fixed as well?

Hi @brunosmm yes it will - it’s not called out above as it only impacts a very small number of customers who we manually removed an account for before. One was you :blush:

By mid-afternoon I will be sending you an email to check that is all is well :+1:

2 Likes

Hi everyone - this release is now complete.

• IOS users the app should be available immediately in TestFlight.
  • Android users - the app will appear in the next few hours (once Google has processed this through their App Store)

We hope you like it !

3 Likes

I keep getting the upgrade now message but when I click it I get a “requested URL is not available” error message

Hi @Guygreenwood - is it possible you are logged into Chrome on your device with a different google account to the one you use in Google Play (that you used originally to get access to the Snoop app?).

Do you have more than one account?

I was getting the same message but updated ok from play store

Not that I’m aware of.

Ok thanks - for now we’ve removed that link and asked people to manually upgrade through Google Play. Sorry about that.

The link to the play store page is here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.snoop

If the link isn’t working for you, you can go directly into the Google Play app to download the upload.

There’s a guide from Google here https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en-GB
or the specific steps are:

To update apps individually or in bulk using the Google Play Store app on your mobile device:

• Open the Google Play Store app .
  • Tap Menu (three horizontal lines in the search bar) then ‘My apps & games’.

Let me know if that doesn’t work?
Paul

As at present moment still not found on the Google play store

Hi Toby,

just to confirm that you aren’t able to update the app after following the steps posted above (going into my apps & games in the play store)?

Let me know if this is the case and we’ll figure out why and get you up and running ASAP.

Ross

All looks good from iOS side, the removing of the snoops not re-appear anymore which is great!

1 Like

Correct I have gone through it and no Snoop appears

Good to be sorted

Hi, I have backed up my Iphone to iTunes, when I restored it back from there, my snoop app does not allow me to log in. It ask me for 5 digit pin after inputting it says is wrong.

How can I get round it please. Many thanks

Please note I download It from the test flight beta stage

Hey Jose,

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble getting back into Snoop. In this BETA we’ll have to restore your access manually. Could you please email hello@snoop.app so that we can do this securely?

Many thanks,

Ross

1 Like