Beta bugs

Also, I ended up doing a number of bank transfers recently as well as receiving a few from friends. In my Transactions list, they all show under the Finance category even though there is a dedicated category for transfers. The transaction has TRANSFER in the description so I would have expected these to be categorised under Transfers not Finance (or in one case Entertainment!)

I have a few pinned and they don’t all appear at the top of my Snoops feed. Some do and they no doubt prevent me from discovering others.

I wonder what the feed order logic is? Does it put ones it thinks most relevant to or liked by you at the top? And if so, does it see a pin and add more of your ‘like’ to it, therefore pushing it even higher?

I think I’d vote for pinned Snoops being removed from the main feed

Also, I’ve just had a notification pop up saying ‘I’ve got a brand new Snoop for you!’. So I clicked on the notification… and nothing happened. A few mins later, I opened Snoop, and no new Snoops. :woman_shrugging:t2:

+1 on the Nationwide credit card balance being wrong

I also keep getting notifications from Snoop but nothing happens when I click on them. I have to go in and manually open Snoop. The notification also disappears when I click on it so I wouldn’t necessarily remember to go into Snoop and check it.

Morning Charlotte. At the moment our Android pushes are non-tappable - clearly this isn’t what we want - and we have a fix out with our Push platform (Braze) to get this amended. So very soon they will open the app. Can I please check whether you opened the app this morning and checked your feed before the Push at 815am? We don’t send Pushes too early (for fear of disturbing people) so the “new #1 Snoop” is vs yesterday. If you think you still have the same #1 Snoop as yesterday please message me your Snoop ID and I will double check.

With regard to your other post - I am delighted to hear you are seeing more personalised and interesting Snoops - that’s the direction of travel we are aiming for!

We are thinking hard about these interactions (pinning etc) right now (literally!) so your input is really timely.

I am concerned you’ve seen disliked Snoops reappear on your feed - that shouldn’t happen. Could you pls message me directly with your user id and the Snoops that have reappeared and I will look at that thoroughly.

Really appreciate your support - thanks so much
Paul

Hi there - we are onto fixing the non-tappable push issue. Please stick with us - it’s a gremlin at our push platform provider which we will sort out soon! thanks - Paul

Hi Richard - the feed order logic is based upon the insights that Snoop things you will like the most. So places that you spend a lot at, or shop a lot at will float to the top. As do Snoops from other merchants that you’ve liked, or similar Snoops you’ve liked. If you Pin a Snoop then it floats towards the top (but not necessarily the very top). The idea is you can use Pin to store those Snoops you want to hold onto so they’re easy to find again. Ultimately you will be able to amend the order on the Pinned screen etc so you can organise it in a way you feel good about - but that’s a future development. Do let me know what you think… Paul

For me it’s about discovery. Does having previously liked Snoops towards the top of my feed hinder me discovering other Snoops? I think it does.

I’m trying to think of other apps/relationships where there’s an equivalent that works in a different/better way. At the moment I can’t!

It also occurs to me that I don’t know what happens to a Snoop that I’ve already acted upon. Eg if I take up an offer via a Snoop, does this Snoop now disappear? If I say I don’t like it (cos I want it removed from my feed having just acted on it) at what point does it reappear?

Also related; I keep seeing the same Snoops and not acting on them (either liking/disliking, pinning, or following their links), so at what point does Snoop consider these irrelevant to me? They too sit in the way of me discovering new Snoops.

Sorry for the long post.

Hi Richard - this is really helpful. A few things on this

1. We completely understand your point that liking Snoops means they sit at the top of the feed and hinder you discovering new ones. We are thinking about a mechanic that allows you to clear a Snoop from your view - a simple “close” if you like - that is disassociated from like/dislike. This would avoid your problem. You could work through the feed, liking and disliking Snoops to give insight as to what you’d like to see more and less of, pinning them where you want to work them later - and closing them where you just don’t want to see them any more. This would make the experience much simpler for everyone.

2. Ref your 2nd point above, using the model above, Snoops would only disappear when you close them – so you’re in control

3. And finally - if you ignore a Snoop the way the engine works now, they will (very) gradually fall down your feed so new stuff bubbles to the top

Hope that helps. We’ve found all the insight raised very helpful in thinking about how to make this as simple as possible - and we’re really excited about how we think we can develop the experience to make it much more engaging. So all respect to you and everyone else who’s helped us think this through - Paul

2 Likes

Not quite a bug, but a niggle - got a repeated app suggestion (giki badges) based on spending two different supermarkets (Aldi and Lidl :grin:)

Evening Chris - thanks for this. That definitely shouldnt have happened - you should just have 1 at your highest spending supermarket. I will investigate! Paul

1 Like

Just a quick one from me regarding revolut. It shows my UK account, USD balance and crypto balance all in £ rather than in the separate currencies.

Hi @Ledonster thanks for this feedback.

Yes we hadn’t really anticipated supporting any non-GBP accounts at this stage - until we got a little surprise from Revolut, where they always including these :blush:

We have this on the list to improve. This currently only impacts Revolut.

1 Like

Cheers PK. Hope you’re well.

Donovan Goodman

2 Likes

Another bug from me this evening. The Snoop suggesting Olio currently appears at the top of my Snoops, even though I’ve liked it before and not pinned it. It seems to be stuck on Like and I don’t get the option to keep it there or remove it, so it’s staying at the top which is annoying. I’ve attached a screenshot.
Screenshot_20200223-220928|250x500

Hi @charlwillis thanks very much for letting us know about this. We have found a bug which is impacting mainly our IOS users (but it seems could be Android too) and concerns Snoops that you previously liked but asked to remove. The bug is that these specific liked snoops are coming back onto your feed later, when they obviously shouldn’t be.

Is the Olio an example where you would have asked to remove it after you liked?

I’m really sorry about this, as I realise this is annoying. We intend to have this fixed in our next app release and I will update further about that later this week.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Thanks @paul_k but I’m an Android user not iOS?

Sorry @charlwillis I updated my post whilst you were replying :blush:.

So far it’s mainly pointed out by IOS users, but obviously I will get this checked on Android too.

Do you think you would have asked to remove that after you liked it before? That would be the same problem our IOS users have alerted us to if so.

I don’t remember exactly what action I would have taken but yes, I’d probably have asked to remove it!

Thanks!