Starling Spaces

Hi,

I know that this has been asked before, and the last update was in December, but I’m just wondering has there been any progress on integrating Starling spaces in Snoop? I really, really would like to use it but can’t because stuff just disappears if it’s in a space like some sort of Black Hole and makes the app unusable as I have no insight into half of my money or Direct Debits, as they are all paid through spaces.

As an example, I pay my credit cards off through a Starling Space. I transfer the balance to it before the statement period ends and then the direct debit is paid through the space. All of this is missing from Snoop.

I am considering using a Bear-Like competitor of yours instead, but I don’t particularly like the UI and also like that you have a web app.

Please, please give me some good news? From looking at other posts on here it’s been 2 years since you introduced Starling, surely your provider can handle this now? If you need Beta Testers for this I am happy to be one!

Thanks,
Chris

4 Likes

Hi @ChrisP99 - I wish I had good news for you, but we still can’t support this.

We actually changed our Open Banking technical partner last year, but neither our old or new partners have been able to support these virtual accounts. The reason is simple - it’s because Starling Spaces (and Monzo Pots) are not part of the standard open banking interfaces that all other banks use. So bespoke development would be required, but it’s not something that has been possible to get prioritised so far.

I use both Starling and Monzo and I understand how useful supporting these account features would be. I still hope we can get this enabled in future, but I understand it’s already been a long time since it’s been discussed. I’m afraid it’s still not something I can give any timescale on.

I will certainly let you know if anything changes and again I’m sorry it’s not better news.

Paul

1 Like

Hi @paul_k,

No worries :blush:. As a software engineer I completely understand the prioritisation of work and how big of an undertaking this would be (an Epic I’m sure).

Maybe there will be good news eventually, but for now I will look elsewhere and hopefully you can add myself to your list as proof to your stakeholders that this is a priority, as you have unfortunately lost a potential customer.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi @paul_k,

Has there been any update on this? I love snoop but have started using starling as my main account for their bills manager feature and how you can pay a bill from a space. Would be good to know if there is any way we can integrate spaces and their transactions

1 Like

Sadly not @Am3012

We are still dependent on a third party partner and they still can’t support Starling Spaces or Monzo Pots despite our desire for this to be done. We continue to ask for it regularly.

Paul

Hi Paul, still no update on this? I have just moved from another app, which was able to support starling spaces. I have no option but to move back to this app currently. I like the features of snoop, but simply cannot use it without pot/spaces intergration.

I understand @Dogboy88 - I would love to have this too (I use Starling spaces also).

However our technical partner for Open Banking still can’t support this and therefore we can’t either. They have been discussing this again with Starling (and Monzo for their equivalent virtual accounts) very recently, but I’m afraid I still can’t give a date on when this will be supported.

Paul