Which banks are supported by Snoop?

The FCA are certainly the people who would enforce the rules.

If you happen to be a customer of these providers, it would certainly be interesting to know how they answer you, if you were to ask how you access your account through a 3rd party service as per your rights.

Paul

1 Like

Why isn’t metro bank an option

Hi @Louierian1 - we’d love to connect with Metro, but they don’t make it possible as they don’t offer any Open Banking interfaces that apps like Snoop need.

See here for a list of all those who do support Open Banking (and a few like Metro that sadly don’t):

Paul

The original post has been updated as today we have been able to enable John Lewis Credit Card in Snoop.

This is for customers who have taken out the new John Lewis card through the card provider NewDay (rather than an old HSBC partnership that John Lewis used to have).

Paul

1 Like

Hello @paul_k,

NewDay has now fully retired the Amazon Platinum card and app. Do users migrating to the NewDay Pulse card need to take any action or will Snoop automatically handle the changeover?

Thanks

Hi @Martin that depends on how NewDay are doing the migration. They haven’t issued apps like us any guidance on action we need to take.

Do you happen to know if your account details remain the same - even if you’ve had a new physical card issued? i.e. can you see a history of your Amazon account transactions in your NewDay app? If so, then there should be no action to take.

If you’ve been given a new account for the Pulse card, then that account would need to be added separately.

Paul

Hello @paul_k,

I received and activated my Pulse card at the weekend. The card number is identical as my Amazon Platinum card, only the expiry date and CVV are different, so it feels very much like a simple rebrand. The Pulse app shows transactions and statements going back to June 2022. Perhaps it will be a transparent changeover - in Google Pay the Amazon Platinum card has automatically changed into Pulse without me needing to do anything.

Hi

Would be great to see Wise and Tandem please.
Tandem has a great savings account with high interest. Also with wise I’m surprised not to see it here.
Emma have had wise for a while now but I’m moving away from their app now.
( I mentioned snoop on their forum as members were comparing competition- they deleted the comment and locked the thread!.)

Thanks

Hi @Cjdc24 I’m not aware that Tandem offer any APIs at all at this time. For Wise, they do have APIs so we will certainly add them to our longer term list.

Right now, our focus is on Chase and Kroo, but we will always be looking to add as many providers as we can based on demand.

Paul

1 Like

Hi Paul - thanks for the reply.
Looking forward to seeing wise in the foreseeable future.
Regarding Tandem yes that makes sense as I have not seen them on any of my open banking options on my credit cards or banks.
Lets hope they join open banking soon.

Hi @paul_k

What, would you say, is the rough estimate on timeframes for Chase to offer open banking…this seems to have been coming for over a year or so. Thanks

Hi @Sparky564 … next month!

That’s as long as testing in the next couple of weeks go well. Chase have just started testing with their interfaces. They are not ‘live’ yet ready for us to use for real.

Paul

1 Like

Original post has been updated to reflect the addition of Chase, which is enabled from today :muscle:

Paul

1 Like

Any news on Yorkshire building society ? Similar apps feature them.

We don’t have an ETA on Yorkshire Building Society I’m afraid @samturner671 but I will update if that changes.

Paul

Hey Paul, any movement on Tandem support now that there’s a partnership in place?

Hi @Ams I don’t believe Tandem offer any Open Banking interfaces, which apps like Snoop can then use to connect with.

As a customer, you may be able to contact them to ask if they have any plans to offer this?

Paul

Thanks for the response, I’ll give it a shot for sure! It just seems strange that there isn’t any other API available so much time later, following the news here. They do also seem to have some level of Open Banking integration, as this is the mechanism by which money is deposited or withdrawn to other accounts via the App.

They do appear to also be listed on OpenBanking’s provider directory here.

1 Like

Hi @Ams - Tandem, like many other Savings providers do use Open Banking. However this is typically to connect to other banks in order to link to their customer’s current account. So for example you can fund a Tandem savings account using an Open Banking connection as you mention. This is exactly how they explain it in that directory listing:

Tandem uses secure open banking technology to connect to your preferred current account, allowing you to make quick and easy bank transfers into your Tandem savings account.

As with many Savings providers, they don’t offer APIs on their own accounts sadly. This is partly due to the rules that govern Open Banking in the UK. These rules apply to something called a ‘payment account’ - which is how banks would classify Current Accounts and Credit Cards but often not Savings accounts.

We work with a number of savings providers where we think they have great products or rates, even if they sadly can’t be connected directly to Snoop. We’d love it if all financial service companies provided interfaces to their accounts, but we don’t think it’s sensible to exclude their products from our suggestions if these interfaces are not available. We also do support ‘offline accounts’ in our Snoop Plus product where balances can be manually tracked and automatic balance rules can be setup.

Paul

1 Like

Ahhh okay, I see now. Thanks for breaking it down for me.