Chase Bank

Any update on this?
On Information for Third Party Providers (TPPs) | Chase UK they are saying the the Account Information Services (AIS) “provide you with the details of an individual’s accounts, balances, and transactions”

Hi @Ricky the website is describing Chase’s current capability which is called a ‘Modified Customer Interface’. This is not an API that apps like Snoop use for Open Banking connections. This method relies on you sharing your log-on credentials with us and we log-in on your behalf as if you were using their website. We have no plans to support this method for a number of reasons.

We’ve been in discussions with Chase and they are working on a proper Open Banking API too - but it won’t be ready until Q2 next year at the earliest I’m afraid.

Paul

2 Likes

I was wondering if there were any further updates on this? Do you know if Chase are actually actively working in this?

1 Like

Hi @Rosie yes they are very much working on their APIs. We have regular conversations with them - including a call we had with their Open Banking team earlier this week.

They hope to launch this in the next couple of months and we will be looking to support them as soon as it’s available.

Paul

2 Likes

Hi, any further updates on Chase bank integration? I’m looking at some competitor forums who expect to have this ready in first week of May. Do you also have a similar timeline?

Hi @solidsnake - we are working with Chase on the integration right now. We are hoping this will be in May too but I can’t give a more accurate date just yet as we have lots of work and testing still ahead of us.

Paul

3 Likes

Any progress on Chase integration? Really looking forward to having it on Snoop.

Have just joined up so it will be great to have Chase so can really see how beneficial the app might be :grinning:

We are still waiting patiently to connect with Chase.

I’m afraid they had a small delay that impacted all third party apps and services (including us) that want to connect. However, we are told this is very close now and we should soon be able to test. We have done all the prep work we can do ahead of this connection being available.

I will post with any firmer dates as soon as we get access.

Paul

2 Likes

Hi Paul, looks like Emma will be ready to go live with this next week. Do you have an update on when this will be available on Snoop? It would be great if it was around the same time. Cheers

Hi @Bongob33 I’m afraid we are still waiting for all aspects of the Chase solution to be ready. We are in very regular contact on this and it has been progressing each day.

It is not in a position for us to complete full end to end processing yet, across iOS and Android. We hope it will be very soon and we will be releasing it as soon as we possibly can.

Paul

Ok thanks appreciate the update!

Hi, Emma customers seem to be able to try out the Chase connection already. Any chance we can get the same? :blush:

1 Like

Hi @snooperman - our testing strategy is a little different. We test using a number of accounts we have setup at a bank by staff members using a test Snoop app not publicly available. Only once we are happy that everything is working fully with our app, will we put it into our live service.

The good news is that yesterday Chase formally ‘released’ their Open Banking interface (we’ve been testing it for longer - but yesterday they announced publicly it was ready for full access). We are in the final testing stages. We do have some issues still to close off but I hope the launch date is very close now. I will provide the exact date as soon as I am able to.

Paul

2 Likes

Hi Team,

Emma just got live with chase open banking
Can you give a timeline for snoop like your services better.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @Jot the update is really the post above.

I can’t give a firm timeline but it will be live as soon as we’ve closed off all remaining issues. We want to get it live as soon as we can, but we only will do this when it’s working the same as all our other banks.

Paul

1 Like

Hi everyone - just to update you on the latest on Chase…

We’ve had a number of test accounts connected now, such my example below. We are certainly getting close to launching Chase as a connection in Snoop, but I’m afraid we still have some issues that we are working through. These include occasional errors with the connection flow despite using the very latest Chase app (example error shown below) and transactions that sometimes don’t have the description we expect (we know Chase are already working on some fixes in this area). We also need to see all account refreshes working reliably over a few days.

We will be monitoring how our test accounts perform over the weekend and we will continue to close off the issues as quickly as possible next week.

We will only put this live once we confident it’s fully working and we have to be mindful their Open Banking APIs are only a few days old, so some teething issues are to be expected. The good news is that the Chase technical team are very responsive and are working hard to fully deliver Open Banking to their customers.

Thanks for your patience and I will update again when I have more news on our launch plans.

Paul

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates @paul_k !!

And also MoneyHub has it ready now

Thanks for the update, Paul. While you may not be able to provide an exact date, updates like these are great so we can follow your journey. I’m too heavily invested in this integration though it will have a tiny impact on my life :rofl: