Which banks are supported by Snoop?

Hi team. I hope this isn’t a repeated question but is NS&I on your list of Savings Accounts to add? I regularly get the Snoops telling me that NS&I are the ones to move my instant access savings to to get the best rates, but if I can’t see them in Snoop…

Thanks!

Charlotte

Hi @charlwillis we’d love to, but at the moment they don’t provide any interfaces that we can connect with.

The good news is that they say on their website they want to in future:

We’re working towards allowing our customers to share information from selected NS&I accounts with banks and other authorised providers who offer an Open Banking service. We’ll update this page when we have more details.
National Savings & Investments | 100% Secure Saving | NS&I

We’ll certainly be keeping an eye out.

Paul

Thank you @paul_k!

Charlotte

Am pretty sure that webpage has been up for at least 2 years without any progress.

So not sure that webpage in isolation can be considered as evidence of any significant commitment from NS&I to support open banking in near future unfortunately.

Thanks @o99. That’s disappointing to hear.

We’ve had other providers previously commit to providing APIs and then reverse that position later (Metro are the biggest example). So I’m hoping NS&I do not follow that pattern.

At Snoop we believe that as Open Banking gets more and more popular, customers will start to demand this from their account providers and eventually all of them will need to provide interfaces.

For example, we probably get contacted by a Co-Op customer every single day asking us to connect with them - they are the ‘biggest’ bank who can’t currently provide any sort of Open Banking API.

We always advise customers to let their account providers know access via Open banking is important to them. We’d like to think the banks are more likely to listen to their customers than they are to us :wink:

Paul

3 Likes

Hi Paul,

Do Sainsburys bank offer an Open Banking API? If so when do you think it will be added to the app?

Best regards
James

More promising news re NS&I at the link below. A public statement saying they will have embraced open banking by 2021. This is the first time I’ve seen a specific target date mentioned

1 Like

That’s great news @o99! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Sainsburys Bank do have interfaces @James, and they are on our list.

I’m afraid we can’t be certain about dates, but we will certainly update soon after our next few integrations
(NewDay and HSBC Credit Cards and Savings will be up next).

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information.

James

Original post has been updated to reflect today’s addition of:

• HSBC Credit Cards & Savings
  • First Direct Credit Cards & Savings
  • M&S Bank Credit Cards & Savings

NewDay cards will follow shortly - in the next few days all being well.

Paul

3 Likes

Original post updated to reflect the switch-on of all NewDay cards and our next priorities.

Paul

2 Likes

Excited to see if Snoop’s the first app where these actually work (and yes, I deleted their apps ages ago as everyone has an issue using them with APIs) :smile:

Could you please look into also adding thinkmoney and cashplus to your collection. Because at the moment I only have natwest connected to Snoop. And I would like to add my other accounts thank you

Hi @Emsley - they are both on our longer list to investigate. However our priority is to first close-out all the banks that have signed-up to the UK Open Banking Standard. I’m afraid those two have not:

Our priority for October is progressing Vanquis, Creation and Sainsbury - all of which are signed-up as above.

We certainly hope to get to others in 2021.

Paul

Thank you for your message Paul. We’ll at least I will be able to add my sainsburys account thank you

1 Like

Hi everyone, any updates about when moneybox/oaknorth will be added to snoop? It’s where the bulk of my savings are, it was nice to know I was on the right track when snoop recommended their LISA the other day. Thanks for all the work so far

Hi @Amaya

Right now we are focused on connecting with as many providers as possible that support standard UK Open Banking interfaces. Unfortunately, the two providers you have mentioned do not currently support this:

Similarly to a post above yours, they are on our longer list to investigate and we will begin to look at other more bespoke integrations if providers support it.

Thanks for getting in touch today. :blush:

Laura

1 Like

Hi Laura , no problem thank you for the update regardless. I will keep an eye out :blush: have a good weekend

2 Likes

Hi everyone - original post has been updated to confirm that Vanquis Bank are now available to connect.

Paul