Which banks are supported by Snoop?

Hi @Rw_82 you are correct, HSBC brands have added both Savings and Credit Cards as part of a new platform they have rolled out very recently.

However, our view is that this is not fully stable and ready for rollout yet.

We know that at least one Open Banking app has turned this product on already, however I can see their customers are experiencing a number of issues getting this to work consistently. In fact, as at last week, there were 18 separate issues raised by 12 different third party providers who are looking to use the new interfaces.

As soon as we can reliably connect these products, will will of course make them available.

1 Like

Horray my Starling will be Chirping soon. Well done lads and lasses

Any progress with starling?

1 Like

Yes we have been making progress on Amex and Starling @Rw_82 but I’m afraid these are not quite ready yet.

We REALLY want them in place as quickly as possible as we know how important they are to people.

We have people focussed on this, but it has been more tricky than expected - because they are different to UK Open Banking standards that we use on all of our other connected banks. We’ve also been impacted by slower response times due to Covid-19 (on Amex in particular).

We will certainly update on the latest before the end of the month.

Hi Paul out of curiosity will Triodos Bank UK be supported on Snoop

Hi @Fintechguy they are on the long list we’d like to connect with.

We are focussing first on the brands that have higher customer volumes / demand - so immediate priorities are Amex, Starling, NewDay (who do Amazon, Marbles etc), Creation (who do Asda, IHG etc, Sainsbury etc.

Once we get through all the bigger ones we will certainly look at the longer list of providers. We are keen to connect with as many people as we can as long as they provide secure itnterfaces.

1 Like

Happy to see you are proactively improving Snoop. I LOVE IT!

I can’t wait to have my Amex added to it too!

4 Likes

Fantastic app - really impressed with Snoop and recommended to friends and family. I noticed that the First Direct Regular Saver isn’t available to connect, although the standard current account is.

Hi @Tristan- thanks for the recommendations!

Yes - HSBC savings accounts and credit cards have only recently been made available (this Includes First Direct). This was made available to us at the end last month. We’ve been testing these but our view is this is not quite ready for rollout to customers.

It’s quite a big change on the HSBC side of things to enable this (they have turned on an entirely new platform), so we really don’t want to do this until we are confident everything will work as it should.

I hope this will not be too much longer to wait now and we will certainly let people know once it’s ready.

Paul

Hi Paul, new Snoopie here! Loving the app so far. Now we’re into May are there any further updates on Starling Bank or Amex? I have personal and business accounts with Starling and an Amex credit card so I’m looking forward to both being added. Thanks in advance!

Hi @iainc100 - we are going to provide a full update on Amex and Starling on Monday. Sorry I know an update is overdue.

Watch this space for then.

Paul

As this thread is already quite big and I know Amex and Starling and very important for people get updates on, I’ve created a new Post with the latest update here:

Paul

I am happy to see that now NationWide credit cards are reporting the right amounts on Snoop!!! No more thousands of pounds of debit, instead my -£100 from last month!!!

Kudos to all of you for the efforts

2 Likes

Thanks @Kumagoro - yes we were delighted Nationwide were able to fix this yesterday.

Update here:

Sorry it took so long - it wasn’t due to a lack of nagging on our part :wink:

Hi when do u anticipate to have American Express and Starling on board?

Hi @jaskirat - this thread gives you all the latest info on both.

As mentioned, we will be updating next week on progress

Paul

1 Like

I’ve updated the original post to reflect our new additions:

Amex
One Account
Virgin One Account
NatWest One Account

Hi - original post updated to reflect Starling being added today.

Morning!

I think this is probably one for far into the future but it would be good if you could feature investment accounts here (nutmeg, vanguard, aj bell etc). I realise they don’t follow the same bank api requirements but one to think about it MD has got a link into nutmeg at the moment :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @Yoeydoodle

Thanks for the great suggestion. We’d love to connect with as many accounts as we can, but you are right to say this is one for the future.

Our priority right now is to connect as many available Current Accounts, Credit Cards and Savings Accounts, as these are the products available through (relatively!) consistent Open Banking interfaces.

Paul