Which banks are supported by Snoop?

Thank you Paul I will send it now

Hi Snoop Team! Well done on the app, looks great :hugs: the co- operative bank is missing from the list - any plans for adding them too?

1 Like

Hi @Fadrosken :wave:

We want to connect as many different accounts as possible. Under Open Banking rules, all providers who offer a Current Account, Credit Card or certain types of Savings account are now obliged to provide their customers with access to their accounts through applications like Snoop.

Nearly all account providers do this through secure technical interfaces (called APIs). However, a handful can’t offer this and in order to be compliant with regulations they offer a solution which is commonly referred to as a type of ‘Screen Scraping’. The technical definition (for those interested :nerd_face:) is called a ‘Modified Customer interface’. This method requires the customer to share banking credentials with a 3rd party.

We at Snoop are not at all fans of this method. For one thing, we believe banking credentials should never be something you share. So, at this time we not looking to support this.

I’m afraid CO-OP are one of the handful who are doing it this way, so we won’t be able to connect with them anytime soon. Metro Bank are another example (although they have stated APIs are still their longer term solution).

We hope that any providers who don’t yet support APIs will revise their plans, as Open Banking becomes more popular and their customer demand increases.

1 Like

I wanted to let you know I have managed to add it now :grinning:

1 Like

Great news @User1 - thanks for letting us know. :sunglasses:

Just to let everyone know, Cahoot has been turned on today as an available bank in Snoop.

My original post has been updated.

Paul

1 Like

Hi guys

Just waiting for Amex to come on line as I put all available spend on that so will make a big difference (I hope) to what Snoop shows for me.

Any idea when that might be? Sorry for being so impatient!

Hi @Julian - totally understand.

Amex is a key focus for us and will be added to Snoop as soon as we complete development and testing (Amex, as is the same with Starling, doesn’t use the same UK Open Banking standards as other banks, which is why they’re taking a little longer). We’ll let you know just as soon as they’re ready. Hope you can enjoy using Snoop in the meantime - thanks for sticking with us. :blush:

1 Like

No probs - am a big fan of what Snoop is trying to achieve & if you can deliver on it I’ll be a loyal snooper for life! :+1:

1 Like

@Julian we promise we’ll get there. Especially if you’ll be a loyal Snooper for life - that’s a prize worth winning :sunglasses: Thanks for your patience and support - we all really appreciate it

1 Like

Hi!

Are there plans to add the Cooperative Bank?

Thanks!

Hi @DanielSan we’d love to, however I’m afraid it’s not possible.

Sadly Cooperative Bank has announced they can’t offer APIs (which we need to use to connect Snoop securely to you providers) anytime soon. This means that for now, Co-Op and Smile can’t be connected to Snoop.

We are really disappointed about this and we hope they change this decision.

1 Like

Hi everyone - we’ve now switched on:

1. Virgin Money Credit Cards and Savings Accounts
  2. Virgin Money Current Accounts
  3. B

So I’ve updated my original post.

Starling and Amex remain our most important banks that we want to launch as quickly as possible. As explained above, these are taking a little longer as they are not using the UK standard open banking interfaces and require custom and complex development.

2 Likes

Hi, just downloaded the beta app today. :+1:

I see Amex is in the pipeline, good stuff!

Are there plans to include Aqua? I have an Aqua CC and it would be great to see them included here too!

Cheers! :clap:

1 Like

Hi there @Pedro69 - great to hear you’ve downloaded!

Aqua cards are certainly on our list and APIs (meaning we can connect securely using open banking technology) are in theory now available so we hope to get to them soon.

We’ll always keep you up to date right here with news on the banks and providers we’re working on, and those to come. So do check in every now and again for updates. thanks and have a lovely day :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Hi, John Lewis credit card would be good as it’s where all my spend goes to get the reward vouchers.

Hi there, a couple of additional banks/cards I would love to see supported:

• Chip for Savings
  • Curve card
  • Dozens

Hi @Kevin we’d love to connect with John Lewis, but I’m afraid it’s not good news on them.

HBSC have recently announced they are not supporting API access to this particular product (https://developer.hsbc.com/#/europeanImplementation)

We are really disappointed about this as we have a number of customers who have said they’d like to get this account into Snoop.

We are hoping that in time HSBC will enable this product too, but it’s not going to happen in the short-term I’m afraid.

Hi @gjh3844 - thanks for the suggestions.

We are focussing immediately on getting the remaining Credit Cards, Current Accounts and Savings Accounts that are covered by UK Open Banking interfaces. Once we’ve ticked all those off, then we hope to look at other interfaces that could be enabled. The three examples you give would fall into those.

All feedback is really helpful for us to compile a list of providers that people would find useful.

Hsbc have updated their api to include credit cards, would be good to see this provider updated