Which banks are supported by Snoop?

Hi @Tristan- thanks for the recommendations!

Yes - HSBC savings accounts and credit cards have only recently been made available (this Includes First Direct). This was made available to us at the end last month. We’ve been testing these but our view is this is not quite ready for rollout to customers.

It’s quite a big change on the HSBC side of things to enable this (they have turned on an entirely new platform), so we really don’t want to do this until we are confident everything will work as it should.

I hope this will not be too much longer to wait now and we will certainly let people know once it’s ready.

Paul

Hi Paul, new Snoopie here! Loving the app so far. Now we’re into May are there any further updates on Starling Bank or Amex? I have personal and business accounts with Starling and an Amex credit card so I’m looking forward to both being added. Thanks in advance!

Hi @iainc100 - we are going to provide a full update on Amex and Starling on Monday. Sorry I know an update is overdue.

Watch this space for then.

Paul

As this thread is already quite big and I know Amex and Starling and very important for people get updates on, I’ve created a new Post with the latest update here:

Paul

I am happy to see that now NationWide credit cards are reporting the right amounts on Snoop!!! No more thousands of pounds of debit, instead my -£100 from last month!!!

Kudos to all of you for the efforts

2 Likes

Thanks @Kumagoro - yes we were delighted Nationwide were able to fix this yesterday.

Update here:

Sorry it took so long - it wasn’t due to a lack of nagging on our part :wink:

Hi when do u anticipate to have American Express and Starling on board?

Hi @jaskirat - this thread gives you all the latest info on both.

As mentioned, we will be updating next week on progress

Paul

1 Like

I’ve updated the original post to reflect our new additions:

Amex
One Account
Virgin One Account
NatWest One Account

Hi - original post updated to reflect Starling being added today.

Morning!

I think this is probably one for far into the future but it would be good if you could feature investment accounts here (nutmeg, vanguard, aj bell etc). I realise they don’t follow the same bank api requirements but one to think about it MD has got a link into nutmeg at the moment :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @Yoeydoodle

Thanks for the great suggestion. We’d love to connect with as many accounts as we can, but you are right to say this is one for the future.

Our priority right now is to connect as many available Current Accounts, Credit Cards and Savings Accounts, as these are the products available through (relatively!) consistent Open Banking interfaces.

Paul

Hi team. I hope this isn’t a repeated question but is NS&I on your list of Savings Accounts to add? I regularly get the Snoops telling me that NS&I are the ones to move my instant access savings to to get the best rates, but if I can’t see them in Snoop…

Thanks!

Charlotte

Hi @charlwillis we’d love to, but at the moment they don’t provide any interfaces that we can connect with.

The good news is that they say on their website they want to in future:

We’re working towards allowing our customers to share information from selected NS&I accounts with banks and other authorised providers who offer an Open Banking service. We’ll update this page when we have more details.
National Savings & Investments | 100% Secure Saving | NS&I

We’ll certainly be keeping an eye out.

Paul

Thank you @paul_k!

Charlotte

Am pretty sure that webpage has been up for at least 2 years without any progress.

So not sure that webpage in isolation can be considered as evidence of any significant commitment from NS&I to support open banking in near future unfortunately.

Thanks @o99. That’s disappointing to hear.

We’ve had other providers previously commit to providing APIs and then reverse that position later (Metro are the biggest example). So I’m hoping NS&I do not follow that pattern.

At Snoop we believe that as Open Banking gets more and more popular, customers will start to demand this from their account providers and eventually all of them will need to provide interfaces.

For example, we probably get contacted by a Co-Op customer every single day asking us to connect with them - they are the ‘biggest’ bank who can’t currently provide any sort of Open Banking API.

We always advise customers to let their account providers know access via Open banking is important to them. We’d like to think the banks are more likely to listen to their customers than they are to us :wink:

Paul

3 Likes

Hi Paul,

Do Sainsburys bank offer an Open Banking API? If so when do you think it will be added to the app?

Best regards
James

More promising news re NS&I at the link below. A public statement saying they will have embraced open banking by 2021. This is the first time I’ve seen a specific target date mentioned

1 Like

That’s great news @o99! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like