Data Export to Google Sheets (or elsewhere)

Next week is the plan @Andyk

2 Likes

I’ve just transferred to Snoop due to Money Dashboard closing down, I had two key requirements 1) Access from desktop (not just a mobile app) and 2) the ability to download transactions into a spreadsheet… here’s hoping the feature is imminent! :grinning: :crossed_fingers:

Still on track to launch in the coming week, as per my post above

@HenryD you can see our web app (which is a much simpler version of Snoop and doesn’t have all the features) here: Say hello to Snoop.

Paul

1 Like

Hello everyone.

Just to say this feature has started to gradually rollout and should be with everyone before the weekend.

We will be sending an email about it once it’s available to everyone. The summary is below.

We hope you find it useful and let me know what you think?
Paul

1 Like

Just downloaded the new app and can see we can download. Just having to type in 3 words everytime is a real pain. I cant cut and paste, and even though i have typed in the words it says i have got it wrong, are they also case sensitive?. I am starting to think I would just be better doing it all manually in excel

Hi @Mike1 to protect your data we create a simple ‘password’ that can only be obtained in the app whenever you need it.

We’ve kept this super simple - using three short words (similar to services like ‘what3words’ for maps for example) and the words will be in lower case.

You can tap on the generate password as many times as you wish - but you have to type the latest set of words in to download your data.

We feel this is the right balance between keeping things really easy but also having strong security to fully protect your bank transaction data.

Paul

It is driving me round the bend. Every time I click on the button i get another 3 random words, i dont then get an rmail. So how am i supposed to know which of the combinations of words i am supposed to use. Its a bloody nightmare

Hi @Mike1 you only get one email… you only need that once and we send it once when you start the process.

Tap the button on that email at any stage to open the web page with the password entry boxes.

Separately, open the mobile app and generate the password. Type those words into the browser screen. If for any reason you want a new password, you can tap the button again in app… but you don’t need a new email or anything else. Just use those new words in the browser screen.

Paul

Hi

I have now realised it doesnt matter which of the dozens of generated 3 words I type in, it has now down loaded. I realise i have to write down the words as they disappear of the screen. Why cant we have a short numbet code we can cut and paste, like other finsncial institutions. Not sure I want to go through this hassle every time I want a csv file.

I thought we would be able to download all our accounts, but it would appear we can only download transactions. So although I now have my transactions in my excel spreadsheet. I still have to type in all my offline accounts. Not sure if this is what I expected.

Hi @Mike1 - yes we’ve developed a transaction export feature which is what we’ve had lots of feedback about and requests for.

The only data we have on offline accounts is the name and a balance. We hadn’t really had feedback before about getting that balance data in some sort of file. For one thing the balances change all the time, so the data would be out-of-date soon after you downloaded it.

The main use case we are providing for here is for when you want to do your analysis and filtering on your historic spending, across your accounts.

Paul

Hi

I guess having account transactions is a step forward, but its account balances over time, which is what I was hoping for.

I have a dozen offline accounts. At the moment I retype the total of each account into an excel spreadsheet, each weekend.

Then I can manipulate the data the way I want to.

Snoop must have the data, because you produce a balance graph over time, which you can then add and remove accounts, to produce different scenarios. It is this data which I would find of more use.

I have now realised I can keep reclicking to get more 3 word options, so now keep clicking until I get 3 words I can remember. At first I was having to write them down.

Regards

Mike

Ok thanks for the feedback @Mike1 - we don’t have any plans to provide a download file of balance history, but we will certainly continue to monitor feedback on this.

Yes you don’t need to remember or write-down any password… you just tap the button in app whenever you need one and type what you see directly into the web browser.

Paul

really annoying how such a basic feature requires the plus premium version. Definately not worth £5.00 a month, so now wont even use the free version

Data export is one of many features that make up our premium product. The full range of features can be found here:

Sorry if that doesn’t meet your needs @dsm331

Paul

Following on from my previous post on this thread, I am delighted that data download is now available! I have duly upgraded to Snoop Plus as I reckon the app as a whole is now well worth the monthly fee.

Many thanks for rolling out this key feature!

2 Likes

Totally agree

1 Like

I would love to have an export sheet also, but as for views here are some:

Pie chart of the monthly expenses to see what are the biggest categories

A view over month per category (both in spending and in budget it will be nice to scroll between monthes when youre already inside the category view)

An ability to mark expenses not to be included in the total budged (like saving and investments… ive created a saving catrgory, and in month i put more, it “finishes” my monthly budget)

1 Like

Thanks for the visualisation suggestions @Shuly !

Hopefully you’re enjoying the new data export feature and it’s helping you build the views you need in excel!

If you haven’t found it yet, the data export button is at the top of the all transaction list (accessed via the tile on the homescreen) for Snoop Plus customers.

Ross

1 Like

Hi

Your JSON (https://snoop.app/webapp/api/transactions?from=2024-03-01&to=2024-03-31) outputs timestamp, accountId, description, amount, currency, categoryname, merchantname, label, type, subType and transactionId.

It would be useful for the export transactions functionality to include some of these additional fields (e.g. label, type & subType)

Andy