Data Export to Google Sheets (or elsewhere)

Another one potentially coming over from money dashboard… for me the lack of data export would be a deal breaker, please can you look to add? Otherwise the app looks amazing!
Also can I add my husband’s accounts to this one? We have a combination of joint and personal accounts with various banks, but want to monitor everything together. Thank you

1 Like

Yes we are looking at CSV export for later in the year @Will99

You can certainly add your husband’s accounts to a single (and therefore shared) Snoop account. The simplest method is to ask your husband to install the app on his own device and then ‘sign in’ to your snoop account rather than register for one himself.

If you happen to bank at the same bank however, we just need to make an adjustment first to enable you to have more than one connection (log-in) running with the same bank. Just drop us a line from the links in the app for help with that.

Paul

I’ve just moved here from Money Dashboard. So far I love it. But…. I won’t be continuing without the facility to download and manipulate data into Excel. The custom reports just don’t hack it if you want graphs or to monitor trends or variances year on year. A shame because otherwise I think it’s excellent.

Definitely another vote for some sort of export capacity. I notice you are more recently saying you will start work on this very soon - any clues as to what that might mean in terms of delivering a solution? It’s a great app - and rather let down by what seems a pretty basic function. Hope you can get this included very soon thanks

I will post on here once we have any timescales to share @Lmmwall

Paul

Like many others it seems, I’m trying Snoop after the closure of MDB. I used the MDB export to reconcile my credit card account. The categorisation allowed me to quickly work out the split of transactions that needed to be paid from other accounts. I’m on the 3-month trial. If there’s no sign of a useful export feature, I’ll not be subscribing. Which will be a pity as I like some of the other features - but they’re not as critical to me as this one.
By the way, there’s a principle of data portability under GDPR.

2 Likes

Hi @sds thanks for the feedback - as I explain about this is is something we intend to deliver and we are working on it. I don’t have any timescales to share yet.

Paul

I am really keen for an export feature to be added as I am hoping Snoop will serve as a substitute for Money Dashboard. I had sort of assumed an export would be available, as it seems like such a useful thing. In its absence, has anyone found another site that aggregates accounts and then allows the transactions to be exported? That is the only feature I personally require and so it can be as basic as you like, but for that!

1 Like

+1. If this doesn’t appear shortly then I’ll move to a different app…

1 Like

Another vote from me. This is sorely needed.

Thanks!

1 Like

Its a must from me too. I paid for a years subscription, and now thinking I wasted my money

This feature will be coming soon and I will share launch timescales once it’s ready.

Paul

3 Likes

Same here, waiting for timescales on the export feature and hoping it is before the new year when I normally spend time analysing Q4 finances in excel

We are working on it and I will share timescales as soon as we are ready for both of our apps to launch with this new feature.

To set expectations though - this is very likely to be January rather than before the end of the year.

Paul

3 Likes

Thanks @paul_k - having an indicative timeframe is really useful

I also moved from money dashboard. Data export was extremely useful and I look forward to this being available on Snoop.

We are on track to launch this in January and I will share a specific update on timescales as we get into the month.

Paul

4 Likes

Another MDB user desperately scouring the internet for a service which provides excel export of the full collated transaction feed. This is literally the only service I’m looking for; if you can provide it this January as you mention above, consider me a permanent customer.

Safe to say for every 1 person commenting above, all of whom have spent time hunting through forums then signing up to comment, there will be 500 users of the function who you won’t hear from.

Plleeeeeeeeease :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are developing this feature now, for a release in the coming weeks. It won’t be until later in the month, but our target is still to get this launched this month.

Paul

2 Likes

Any update on when the data export feature will be released?