Unable to reconnect to Virgin Money

I am trying to redownload the app onto a different device and it is not connecting to my Virgin account to allow me get back in to snoop?

Hi @Emrose23 we’ve had multiple reports of this now from Android customers.

We can see Virgin Money updated this app in the last few days so we are starting to think Virgin Money may have broken something in their latest app update

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virginmoney.uk.mobile.android&hl=en_GB&gl=US).

I’ve contacted the bank this evening and asked them to investigate and I’ll let you know what I get back asap.

Paul

Is there any update on this? I haven’t been able to get my Virgin credit card on Snoop for quite a long time now! Every time I try to connect it says “414 Request-URI Too Large”

Hi @ToriP02 yes we do still get reports of this and we know exactly what causes it. It only happens with Virgin Money and it’s very often a feature on Samsung Android devices.

The first thing to check is you are using the latest version of the Virgin Money app. If you, you can change your default browser to Chrome and that will often solve things.

Otherwise, the key thing you need to change is ’ Open Links in Other Apps ’ setting on your device. It might look like this:

To get to this from the Samsung Internet Browser:

• Click the three lines in your browser on the bottom right of the browser window
  • Tap on ‘Settings’
  • Tap on ‘Useful Features’

You should see the screen above.
Paul

I have this issue using a Motorola handset on a Google Chrome browser. Is there a fix for this?
I commented on a similar feed as well, apologies for duplication.

Hi @Superbarr,

I’ve updated you on the other thread but for others that may see this thread only, here’s the latest troubleshooting steps for this issue with Virgin Money credit card;

Sometimes simply changing your default browser to Chrome will fix it. To do this try "Settings ", then "Apps ", then "Choose default apps ", then tick Chrome .

Also, please check you have the latest Virgin Money app installed from the play store.

However, if those steps don’t work, VM have suggested the following fix:

Virgin Money believe it’s sometimes related to a browser setting about ‘Open Links in Other Apps’. This needs to be toggled to ‘on’.

Please do pop us an email to hello@snoop.app if the above isn’t steps don’t resolve the issue.

Many thanks,
Charley