Merchant identification

Hi, I’d like to be able to add some custom text to merchant transactions. I get mixed up mainly with insurers and would like to be able to identify what the insurer covers, for example under the merchant name I could add car insurance or building insurance or life insurance etc.

Hi @Stubird75

Thanks for the feedback. I totally understand what you mean. I’ve got several policies with Aviva and have trouble remembering what is what.

We’ve got the feature to allow users to add notes to transactions on our longer term development list. But right now, you can do this in Snoop if the transactions are regular payments, which I assume most will be if they’re insurances?

To do this, just go to ‘Your Bills’ via the bottom nav bar, and there you can add your regular payment (say, your monthly car insurance payment) to a coloured bills card. When you’ve done that, there’s a place for you to add free format notes such as policy numbers or contact phone numbers for customer service etc onto the card. You can also call your card whatever you like to help you remember which payment is for which insurance. Creating a bills card is also really useful as you can track renewal dates and Snoop will remind you when they’re coming up at the best time for you to check out new deals.

If you have trouble with any of the above always feel free to drop us a line at hello@snoop.app and we’ll be happy to give you a hand.

Cara