Payments hub ideas

Does it still retain the old data? ie does it show the last 4 years of gas bills whilst acknowledging EOn as my latest supplier, deal stops in 5 months style of thing.

My second issue was having Snoop eg show
Rent was due 12th July…
But it’s because they tweaked their “name” and I want to say “it did get paid but instead of ABC Company, they’re called ABD Company moving forwards” without having to contact you guys.

Hi @meedavid we only show the history on the current supplier at the moment.

However, we totally understand where you are coming from in that it would be useful to see all your history for your Energy bill (for example). That’s not something we have yet.

We also don’t have the ability in app to manually amend payments which have changed description. Our support team can do this for you at the moment so you only ever need to tap the link on the screen that says ‘something not right’. We haven’t built the screens and interfaces to make that happen in app.

Again we see the benefit of doing it - it’s just these types of requests are still relatively rare compared with the demand on many other things on our roadmap. So it’s purely a prioritisation call on which things we do first. I hope that makes sense?

Paul

Hi @paul_k ,

My issue with this is that it takes a number of regular payments (is it 3?) for new regular payment suppliers to appear on the list. And when you go to ‘Switched your X supplier?’ you only get the option of selecting from your current list of regular payments. So it means we have to wait 3 months of Was expected messages before the new payment appears in the list for us to select as the replacement. If the ‘Switched your X supplier’ link could take us to recent transactions, then it would be useful! But so far, I’ve never used the ‘Switched your X supplier’ option because my new supplier isn’t there yet, so I end removing the current one from the regular payments list because as @meedavid says, continually seeing the Was expected message is annoying and untidy, and then just having to wait for Snoop to recognise the new supplier over multiple months.

Thanks!
Charlotte

Hi @charlwillis it depends on the type of payment as to how quickly we can spot it as a regular payment.

For example if it’s a Direct Debit, we can be confident this will be a ‘regular’ payment and therefore we make it appear immediately after 1 payment. For card payments or bank transfers, we have to wait for a pattern otherwise every payment would appear in the list of regular payments, when most are not obviously.

I totally understand where you are coming from with regards selecting a payment from your list and making that a ‘regular bill’. There are quite a few technical challenges with this and it’s different to the challenge we’ve already solved on Insurance payments - where you can currently select any one-off card payment and make it into a bill (to cater for annual one-off premiums).

That said, it’s certainly not impossible. It’s something we’d like to do more with in future. We will no doubt come back to this once we’ve got through some of the other things on our roadmap that we are focussed on for the rest of the year.

Paul

Thank you @paul_k that’s helpful! I didn’t actually know you could do this with one-off insurance premiums (but given I’m about to switch my home insurance I’ll look out for it!)

Charlotte

Some more feedback on Snoop’s behaviour in the Bills (was Payment hub) section after a bank account switch:

I’d previously emailed to ask what will happen to my Regular bills when I switch bank accounts and James replied to let me know that it depends on the bank information sent across for each transaction. Here’s what I’m seeing now the switch completed a few weeks ago:

• some monthly payments have been picked up by Snoop as part of the recurring series despite the new bank account and continue to show in Bills, BUT the Payment Account in the Bills details still shows the old account even though this month’s payment was paid from a different bank
  • some monthly payments haven’t linked at all and even though the same amount with the same description has come out the new account, Bills still says ‘Was expected on…’ for the recurring series

I am going to leave everything for a few months and see if new patterns are picked up/rectified but I will email in with the ones that seem to have gone awry once everything has settled down and I can see clear patterns/breaks.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the feedback @charlwillis.

1. We allow tracking of bills across accounts, but that can get confusing about which account we show payments are taken from in the bill summary screen. At the moment we show the account that has had the most payments for that bill, but maybe it’s more useful to show the ‘last’ account. We will get that changed in the future.

2. Sadly some banks have very different ways of processing payments to the same place so even if the description appears to be the same, there can be a difference with some of the key data we get. So occasionally we need to manually fix these types of records so everything matches together.

If you can email us these examples from the app - we will certainly get them repaired for you.

Paul

Thank you @paul_k, will do.