Out of interest

Hi Richard. Glad you’re enjoying your Snoop feed too. Apologies - we’re really clear what we need to do to fix the Nutmeg issue as appreciate it’s annoying. We’re on it! :+1:

1 Like

Hi team Snoop,

I’m very much appreciating the charitable Snoops at the moment, thank you.

I also noticed the tweet about DealFinder this evening, and it’s just a note to say that it’s only available on Chrome browsers rather than any browser, so might be worth updating the Snoop text.

Thanks!

Charlotte

Morning Charlotte. That’s a really good spot, thank you. I’ll get that amend made. Thank you for pointing it out. Paul

Morning,

Good to see the potentially money-saving switching Snoops starting to appear. Out of interest do you have any way of knowing whether people have exit fees or minimum terms on their energy contracts? I assume not. As switching services become regularly commonplace these days, one way you could distinguish Snoop from others is advising people to make sure they check these details before they switch. If they’re not a decent way into a contract, there may be a fee to pay to switch which could impact the savings advertised - I know someone stung with that before.

Thanks,

Charlotte

Also, has the Transaction. Detail screen changed? An Amazon transaction I made on the 4th April does include a category, whereas an Amazon transaction I made yesterday doesn’t include a category? See screenshot.

I find the categories frustrating as I seem to have to correct many of them. I guess that’ll improve as Snoop learns more and more retailers and transactions but if there are any improvements you can make on this, that would be great. (I’ve also just emailed about an incorrect retailer’s transaction name and logo).

I notice the Starling app allows me to see how much I’ve spent with a particular merchant month on month which is really helpful (as well as by category). My Monzo app doesn’t allow me to do this. It would be great if Snoop could too.

Thanks!

Charlotte

Hey Charlotte,

good spot :eyes:! We have made a slight change to the transaction details screen for PENDING transactions as they were causing us problems with categorisation. Different banks send through varying levels of detail with pending transactions and therefore we were struggling to effectively categorise them…for this reason we thought it was better to remove the functionality. Also, the way pending transactions are replaced by the booked transactions we get from banks meant that any changes to categorisation on pendings was not being carried through to the booked version of the same transaction.

You should be able to see / manage the categories of booked transactions in the same way as before.

Hopefully the changes will make it simpler for us to improve the overall categorisation experience as we’re still working on making it more accurate.

We’re launching some interesting new Snoops that will start to give a merchant level breakdown of weekly and monthly spending soon and definitely have plans to build a merchant view of spending (like categories) after that.

Thanks,

Ross

Great news, thank you Ross! And understand about the pending transactions. I hadn’t noticed it was a pending one - perhaps you could label them as pending so it’s clearer?

Thanks!

Charlotte

Morning Charlotte - I am really sorry. I just noticed I missed this one. We don’t have any way of knowing whether a customer has exit penalties before they switch. When developing the journey we did look to call that out as the customer goes through the illustration/switch process so I will make sure that’s still in there! Hope all well with you - Paul

Thanks @PaulL!

Working daily balances! Hooray! And clicking on the notification takes me to Snoop too. Great!

(you realise this is now going to be a daily reminder that the Nationwide credit card balances are wrong, even though I do know you’re/Nationwide is working on it, and that I want to see Monzo Pots and my other banks included! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

that made me smile @charlwillis! It is going to be a daily reminder - you’re right.

We’re trying to work out if it’s best to include them whilst wrong or do some work to exclude them… but right now have left in. What do you think?

1 Like

Hmm, good question. Personally I’m familiar with the things that don’t work right now and the things you’re working on. But a regular user won’t be and I think would just get annoyed that it’s wrong every day and dismiss Snoop as useless. I’d suggest removing (but maybe with some extra text to say ‘improvements being made every week’ or something?)

2 Likes

Just an FYI - this is what I see right now when I open the app. I would assume the app would update in the background from Google Play but apparently not?

Hi @charlwillis we released the new version of the app at 9am to the Google Play store but whether your phone will automatically update depends on your settings in your device. Also, we think this typically happens overnight, rather than immediately when we publish a new version.

Once our platform release is complete (around lunchtime) the old version of the app will still work but will prompt you to upgrade manually, if you haven’t had an auto-update.

The ‘Snoop’s being upgraded’ message is supposed to show-up now whenever you attempt to do anything in the app, whilst the platform is still being updated as part of our release process.

Thanks @paul_k. I do have my settings to update automatically but I would have assumed I could have kept using the app until Google Play updated it or prompted me for an update, rather than get those screens.

Anyway, I’ve now been prompted so will update :+1:t2:

I REALLY like the new Regular Payments functionality! Well done!

(Future - minor! - step: allow us to change the category of a payment from this screen rather than having to click on the number of transactions and change it there).

1 Like

:clap:t2: (although not just necessarily ‘recently’)

Hello team!

Any update on a merchant view of spending (not just in the Snoops although I like these too) alongside the categorisation view?

One of the things Emma Money does is tell me I’m in the top x% of spenders at a particular merchant which is quite an eye-opener (especially my Amazon spend. Lockdown has not helped! :woman_facepalming:t2:) and these kind of Snoops would be great insights too. Are these on the list?

Also, you may have done this already but have you done a Snoop on Camelcamelcamel to show the fluctuations in Amazon pricing?

Thanks!

Charlotte

(finally, I know I’ve been banging on about Snoop showing Monzo pots but given their decreasing interest rates, I’ve now moved my regular savings to NS&I instead (thanks for the Snoop reminders on interest rates!) so I won’t be asking for this any more! :laughing: I know you’ve already said that NS&I are working on their Open Banking so nothing to be done there yet.)

Morning Charlotte,

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Merchant view of spending is on this list for this year, along with insights vs the broader customer base. Everything’s subject to re-prioritisation constantly as you know, so I can’t say when, but both are features we’ll certainly be looking at.

And on Camelcamelcamel, we’ve got a Snoop for this. I’ve not actually used it yet but its on my Snoopy to do list. :blush:

Thanks for letting us know about pots - we’ll get there with these for sure. Although sounds like you’ve made a savvy move shifting regular savings to NS&I.

Thanks as always!

Cara

1 Like

Thank you @Cara! Much appreciated.

Charlotte

1 Like