Issues reconnecting Aqua credit card

Is anyone else having issues reconnecting snoop with there Aqua credit card ?

When i reconnect snoop jumps to the aqua app which then sometimes crashes or other times just takes me to the balance screen.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble reconnecting your Aqua card.

We’ve had a few reports of customers saying similar across several NewDay brands, so we’ve raised this with NewDay to investigate.

As a temporary workaround you can try removing the NewDay app from your device and then try to reconnect again via Snoop. This time you’ll be redirected to NewDay’s online service to reconnect which appears to work fine. Of course, once you’ve reconnected you can reinstall the NewDay app.

Hopefully the above works. But if you have any problems please do drop us a line at hello@snoop.app.

Many thanks
Cara

2 Likes

I have two NewDay cards - Aqua and Amazon - and have tried to connect to them from several Open Banking apps. The issue almost certainly the NewDay API which seems to be very unstable or unreliable. Although still not perfect, I’ve had much better success using the browser interface - it seems to generally work for Snoop anyway.

Tip: On Android, you don’t necessarily need to uninstall the NewDay app if your phone gives you the “Open with?” pop-up. Simply select the Chrome browser instead of the app then tap “Once only”.

3 Likes

Cara ,

Many thanks for your reply.

Martin,

Thanks for the advice. i am ios but could be helpful for others.

Great tip, thank you @Martin!

The latest update of the aqua credit card app today has fixed my reconnection issue.

2 Likes

That’s great news! Thanks for letting us know @AaronF555 :pray:

2 Likes

To add to this, in case the issue does ever re-appear due to problems with the API:

You can do something similar on iOS, called “Offload app”, which keeps your settings and temporarily removes the app data so the app isn’t used.

Go to the Settings app, the General, then iPhone Storage. Use the search to find the relevant NewDay app, then click on it. Select “Offload app” and then try renewing your connection in Snoop or any other Open Banking app. Once this is complete, find the NewDay app on your Home Screen and press on it (you will see it has a mini Cloud icon). Selecting it will cause the app to re-download. Open the app once it has re-downloaded and you will need to allow it to use Face ID or Touch ID again. After that, it will operate just as before.

1 Like

I’m having a new problem reconnecting my NewDay Aqua Rewards card.

Snoop is opening a website (hosted on MS Azure) instead of the app (which I have installed on my phone). When prompted, I enter my username and passcode OK then arrive at the page to select an OTP delivery option. After I’ve selected the option and press “Send OTP”, I immediately see an error page “You have no active cards associated with this account”. See screenshots below.

(FYI, I can login to the Aqua customer facing website OK using the same login credentials and an OTP received via SMS).

Is the NewDay API brokenb yet again??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Hi @Martin although we have had quite a few issues with NewDay over time, we are not aware of a general issue here.

The determination of whether the bank’s app or website is opened when we pass over to them is made by the bank/card provider rather than Snoop. However, sometimes on Android the device’s settings can impact this. We have a particular issue with Samsung devices for example based on how their default browser and ‘app to app’ link handling is setup.

That said, in this example I don’t believe that’s the problem. The screenshots show you are successfully logging on to NewDay’s service and for whatever reason they are showing that error message. This I’m afraid is not something we can directly diagnose or resolve as we have no sight on what is happening when you are logged into the bank’s app or web service.

My assumption would be that your card account has some sort of setting that is preventing external access - this can sometimes be a temporary thing caused by a new card being issued, extra security checks that might have been added or even something like a transaction that has triggered some extra fraud checks. I’m afraid this will need a contact to their customer support team to ask them to investigate. Please don’t let them tell you the problem will be with Snoop as that can’t be the case here (frontline staff often just assume it must be us without understanding how Open Banking works! :grin:).

If you don’t get anywhere, please can you contact us through the app and I’ll contact their Open Banking support team.

Paul

1 Like

I am having the same issue , i have sent a help email though the app.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed reply @paul_k . Indeed, it turns out that the problem was caused by the routine renewal of my card.

A new card has arrived to replace my soon-to-expire card. Now that I have completed the card activation I have been able to do the Reconnect in Snoop without any problems.

I can understand why NewDay is a bit of a headache for developers!

2 Likes