Downgrading a credit card - duplicate transactions

Hi, I was using a Barclaycard account with Barclays avios plus card before. Recently I downgraded the card (to a Barclaycard avios card - no plus) and the account stopped syncing.

So I added the new card by connecting barclayCard account again. Now I have the transactions for new card, but since it is the same account as before, all the old transactions of the plus card are also visible for this.

I now have two cards - one not syncing and has all old transactions and another syncing but also has old transactions.

I could remove the old card. The new card also has same transaction history but then I lose all the customizations done over the year for the old card like excluding transactions, categorising them and all.

Is there a way to say Snoop to use the new cards transactions from just this month and don’t use old history?

Sorry for the long post.

Hi @adsfgvc,

You are correct to not delete the original bank account, good news is that we can sort this for you. If you could pop an email in to hello@snoop.app then we can resolve this.

All the best,
Sarah