Annual budgets

Hello, for some categories of spend it is easier to budget annually than monthly, for example holiday budget since I don’t go on holiday every month (unfortunately) and potentially things like car expenses (MOT, service, insurance) and council tax.

Is this possible to set so that I can see how much left I have to spend for the year?

8 Likes

Or rolling budgets. There are a few threads here that suggest it. Is there any plan to consider this soon?

Thanks

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions - yes we’ve had a few customers suggest annual / rolling budgets.

This isn’t being worked on yet, but we are certainly tracking the feedback to understand how many people would find this useful in future.

Paul

I’d appreciate a way to roll forward major expenditure such as this, too. For example, recent major refurbishments, future holidays etc. thank you.

4 Likes

Totally agree with this suggestion, a rolling budget v spend would be good -
However, I am wondering if simply displaying/toggling the budget v send as month or 3 months or 12 months. A lot of monthly spending falls across month ends like a big shop in one month followed by a low spend next. So even regular-ish spending like groceries can be looked at on 3 month and 12-month basis.
As this is simply a grouping process for the data and so I guess a relatively simple change.
I would be happy to see a 3 or 12-month spend shown against the current monthly budget multipled by 3 or 12.

3 Likes

I would like annual budget categories. I find some annual things mess up my monthly budget which is annoying when I am looking back to compare previous month’s spends

3 Likes

Perhaps having customisable recurring budget times would be good?
I have some payments that go out every three weeks, one that goes out every six weeks, and one that goes out every 3 months. I can’t add them to my budget accordingly.

Hi @Emmy23 - we don’t support bill tracking for every three weeks or 6 weeks. We’d recommend you set those up as ‘Irregular’ bills and our AI will track every payment to that merchant regardless of when it happens. It will forecast the next day based on an the average gap between payments in the past.

We do support quarterly bills though (every 3 months). Our AI should spot that pattern automatically if you’ve had at least 3 payments. If it’s a new bill you can setup this manually and pick the quarterly option.

Drop us a line if you need any help with any of this?

Paul

Hi, I have been using the app for a few months now and finding it useful. However, not being able to set annual budgets for holidays, one off annual payments like car insurance etc really messes up the ability to budget accurately. It would be great if this could be incorporated into the app.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Lilydog - thank you for the feedback and supporting the request of an annual budget.

This certainly helps us to understand the level of demand for such a feature - please keep the feedback and suggestions coming!

All the best,
Charley

Add my vote. I find setting budgets pointless, as my budgets are mainly for a financial year. Such as holidays, house improvements, one off payments for insurance, dentist, opticians etc. The only budget wich works monthly is groceries.

I’d like the annual budget option too please, it’d be really useful.

1 Like

Hello @Willjesuis :smile:
According to me you are looking for a way to budget annually for certain expenses and
Yes it is possible to set this up so you can track your spending for the year.
Here are some suggestions:point_right: you can check this.

• You can create a separate category for your yearly budget to each category.

• Use a budgeting tool or spreadsheet to track your expenses against these annual budgets. Update your spending regularly to see how much you have left for the year.

• You can adjust your monthly spending targets to align with your annual budget.

Hope this suggestion will help you :grinning:

Add my vote to this feature please. :pray:

I really like the simplicity of the UI in Snoop. I’ve used Emma and MoneyWiz. Both use the rolling method of budgeting however I find Emma has to many features aimed at selling something to me which distracts from the purpose of the app. MoneyWiz UI is a little trickier to use however is a powerful tool though with a lot of flexibility.

I don’t mind paying for an app, if it saves me time in the budgeting process. At the moment I think this is a deal breaker for Snoop. Which is a real shame.

2 Likes

Another +1 vote for longer than one month rolling budget for spend such as holidays.

1 Like