Suggested Snoops

And on the topic of credit agencies, it’s not well known that the UK has 4 different credit agencies and lenders/councils, etc can/do use a variety. So whilst Experian advertise heavily on TV, if you’ve got an erroneous entry sitting with a different credit agency, you might still have lending refused.

It’s a paid service but I use https://www.checkmyfile.co.uk which shows you all the info all four agencies hold on you.

I found it especially useful when I spotted that someone had fraudulently tried to register a new address for me using my personal details and it was only thanks to Checkmyfile that I spotted it and had it removed! Otherwise god knows what financial products they’d have signed up for in my name at their address…:grimacing:

Anyway, a Snoop on that might be useful to others, if only to serve as education that there’s more than one agency in the UK.

Thanks Charlotte. I think your suggestion of a Snoop on credit rating is a good idea. Leave that one with me - and we’ll work on it - Paul

3 Likes

Hi All,

I am big of ritual, and many places I have lunch I can save money in some promotions and time(time is money). It would be nice to have a snoop suggesting that the place I got lunch is a partner with a ritual so I can use it…
I checked and ritual do not have an API, but snoop could have a list of places and match with the merchants I spend money to suggest to use ritual, or maybe a ritual partnership and have an api with snoop. :slight_smile:

Hi Bruno,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We’re looking into Ritual and really like the look of it - it could well be your second Snoop! Matching where you already spend with Ritual’s partners is a really good idea.

As ever, thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I loved the April Price Hike Snoop I got this morning! Thanks team! Will this be a monthly thing or just when there are lots of big ones happening in a month (which hopefully wont be frequently!)?

2 Likes

Hey @charlwillis

Brilliant you liked it - we’re so glad.

This will be a feature we use as we think it’s needed rather than monthly. But we will always keep our eyes peeled and let everyone know if something happens of note across the categories featured today (and others).

Thanks for your support as always :heart:

Cara

1 Like