Suggested Snoops

Completely agree with @Leighton’s feedback about being able to rearrange and rename accounts. That would be super useful.

Another bit of feedback (rather than a bug) is the ability to refresh account balances. My balances can change fairly frequently with my spending through the day and I need to be able to keep on top of it. And whilst Snoop tells me when it last updated my accounts, I’d like the ability to force it to refresh too, as often the refresh was too long ago and is now out of date.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @charlwillis

With regards to the refresh, I think it’s a good idea to have a refresh button, or

Perhaps the app could auto refresh all accounts when opened, this then being as up to date as within a few minutes etc obviously not being a developer I’m not sure if it’s ‘doable’ or can be achieved or might take too long etc, but the idea gives a good starting decision point as to the best solution and what can realistically be achieved

Yes, also a possibility, and could be tied in with making sure the logout/app refresh happens when a screen times out in the background (a bug that’s been fed back on thr Beta bugs chat).

Thanks!

Also, I’d like the opportunity to add a note to a transaction. For example I had to pay some tax on my Self Assessment tax return this year, and the transaction shows in Snoop (from Monzo) as ‘SA’. In the future, I’m going to look back and wonder what on earth SA is?! So I’d like to be able to add a note so that I can remind myself that it’s Self Assessment tax return. I can do this in the Monzo app so either bring that info into Snoop too or let me enter a note in Snoop as well.

Thanks!

Charlotte

1 Like

@charlwillis @Leighton

All great ideas.

On refresh, we’re going to be tackling this in the next couple of months. We’ll look at refresh on demand for sure, and potentially refresh on login as well but that’s all tbc.

On the auto logout bug, there’s a small chance this will be in the next release (next week) but if it misses that it’ll be delivered in the next sprint. So definitely a priority.

And agree regarding being able to enhance transactions with notes/tags. We love this Monzo feature and good to know you do too :blush: Again, something we’ll be considering and prioritising against other ideas.

Your thoughts really do help so please keep them coming guys!

Cara

Additional Categories

Hi Guys,

Not too sure if this has been mentioned before but please can we have the option to add and change categories to make Snoop much more personal to me. This would include the option to add and change the icons too.

The list could be endless of course but the one I would add immediately would be ‘Savings & Investments’ which would allow be to instantly see how much I’m putting into saving & investments etc

1 Like

This (below) is the kind of Snoop I’d like to see in the future. It’s not something I’d have looked for or thought existed (unlike most of the Snoops I’ve seen), is really personal to me, my transaction history can tell you if I’d benefit from it, and it’s contemporary (and indeed time-limited).

3 Likes

Richard we completely agree and we’re working on building that Snoop today - it should go live in the next few days. It will look for people who’ve bought a season ticket and also those who spent in December. We completely agree - this is the kind of Snoop we want too. And now we’re live and we can see these events we can start to respond. And over time we’ll get faster at creating them. Paul

2 Likes

Richard - would you mind directly messaging me on this one as I would just like to make sure all SWR transactions would get picked up, and would appreciate being able to check with you your spending pattern on SWR. Thank you! (PS - if easier, please just email paul@snoop.app)

Hi all,

So far you have many ways to use the underground, and depending how much you travel will lead to a best option oyster card, contactless card, weekly caps, month caps and so on…
Any ideas to have a snoop covering it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @brunosmm - that’s a great idea. I’ll check in with @PaulL to see if we have that Snoop as if not it would be a really good one.

Also I was looking at how to get from A to B in London the other day and someone introduced me to the city mapper app which is brilliant - it also shows you where a bus could be quicker or an option even if not quicker and you want to avoid the tube, so that could be another one we suggest.

Thanks for your thoughts!

1 Like

Hi @brunosmm - this is a good idea - thankyou. TFL already (as we understand it) auto-optimise daily and weekly. So where we see the opportunity is in monthly and annual options vs paying weekly. This is definitely something we’d love to do - but it’s a little way down the roadmap at the moment. So we agree with you - great idea! Paul

Yess city mapper is amazing app, I use it every day.

Hey @PaulL,

Indeed they offer that, but many people don’t know if they should use oyster or contactless and which is cheaper. Since snoop can have access to oyster recharge transactions or direct the contactless transactions, it can check and say to people of make sense use oyster or contactless and which type, like contactless don’t have month cap…
This old video has a nice explanation as well, https://youtu.be/1w95ULafeSY a snoop showing people just to move from oyster to contactless can already save some money. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @brunosmm - we at Snoop HQ have decided you’re a genius. When we set up Snoop, we always wanted people to be able to create their own Snoops - because while our friendly robot can spot patterns in your banking transactions to help you save money, Snoop can’t spot insights like these - namely that contactless is better than Oyster in many situations. We’re going to turn this into a personalised Snoop to deliver to customers and if it’s ok we’ll give you a shout out in the copy. To all other community members - we’d love to hear your own insights like this too. Together, we can really help everyone win.

**@brunosmm - Snoop salutes you!

Paul

6 Likes

Hi @PaulL,

I am happy to hear that, I spend quite some time analyzing it for me, for sure snoop will help other on this subject.

But now I am more curious to hear about people creating their own snoops, are you thinking to have an API for it? Something like the IFTT recipes? This would be amazing, so people would be able to create their own snoops and share with others. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @brunosmm

Initially our plan is quite simple. You will be able to submit Snoops through the app itself (like your Oyster vs Contactless Snoop) and we will publish them for everyone to benefit from. Ultimately we’d love to take us out of the process so everyone can help everyone directly - but we need to work through how we can do that and maintain the quality of Snoops which we feel is really important. You’ll notice us start to ask for Snoops through the app experience very soon – we’re hoping more people will submit brilliant Snoops like yours! Paul

1 Like

Something that popped up in our local community magazine:

toogoodtogo.co.uk

This a scheme to reduce food waste - Use the app to select and pay for a ‘magic bag’ of food around the time that a bakery (or similar) would otherwise replace with fresh stock. At the specified time - head over and pick up your bag.

Eg - We got three pretzels from Aunty Annie’s for 1/3 of the normal price.

Others in the scheme include Morrisons / YoSushi / Patisserie Valerie :yum:
It would be nice to send the snoop out to people that have used some of the participants a couple of times. It may also be possible to tell if someone already uses the app if the payments go through toogoodtogo.

1 Like

Hi Chris. Thanks for suggesting this. We serve this as a Snoop already - so you might see it appear in your feed (at the moment we typically serve it to big supermarket spenders but your idea of deploying it to retailers that support it is a really good one). Thanks for the Snoop suggestion - we are always very grateful for those. Paul

Hi All,

As I comment in other topics I don’t have a credit history in UK since I recently move, I am looking which is the best way to do it, and I found those services:
https://www.loqbox.com/en_gb/ or https://www.getbits.app/, maybe there is others as well.

It would be nice if Snoop could advise on this, maybe checking if you have a credit score in Equifax, Experian, and others. If not suggest a way to start it. :slight_smile: