Smart Meters

Hi

Just a couple of things on your energy switch.
I did some comparisons and for some reason I could not find Bulb in any of the searches. They are one of the top 5 green energy supplies I believe and also you get £50 back for a successful recommendation. And their smart meter integration to their web site is quite good. queue second point. :-).

On the smart meter front it’s all very well switching but can you include if the switch would allow you to carry on using your smart meter. And I mean fully as in the meter readings will be picked up by the energy company on a daily basis and applied it the account for viewing. I know this may only apply to SMETS 2 meters but it may be a deal breaker for some.

Cheers

Hi there @Mayhem, thanks for your comments :blush:

Are you already a Bulb customer? Bulb is one of the suppliers you can switch to in Snoop, so I’m wondering if you’re searching with bulb as an existing customer, meaning you might not see Bulb in the results?

If you used the filter to show the whole of the market you would probably see Bulb. Feel free to email us at hello@snoop.app and we can take a look if not?

On your 2nd point, we completely agree. This is to do with the way the government has allowed smart meters to be rolled out. It’s less to do with the provider and more to do with whether a customer has a SMETS 2 (generation 2) or SMETS 1 (generation 1) smart meter. We believe SMETS 2 can be operated between suppliers so ‘should’ be ok to switch with. But we totally support your point that this isn’t clear from a consumer perspective. We’ll definitely take this away and look into it further to see if there’s anything more we can do to make the switch options clearer.

Really appreciate your thoughts!

Cara