Category splits

Splitting bills is what I am waiting for

Hello Team Snoop

I appreicate you’ve been told many times, and also appreciate you have to respond to the highest demands of your business, however the need to split transactions is an absolute deal breaker I’m afraid. I can’t sign up until you have this feature. I also know many others, all of whom we were on Money Dashboard before and wanted to sign up to Snoop, and have all had to sign up to other platforms becuase Snoop doesn’t split transactions (even though Snoop scores tops of most other features).

It is basic to anyone being able to look after their finances seriously.

What the approx timescales for introducing this feature - are we talking 1-6 months, 6-12 months, or 12-24 months, beyond 24 months, never?

Thanks for all you’ve done so far, you have a great product otherwise!

1 Like

Hi @Reuben - we totally understand this feature is important, but I’m afraid it’s not something we are working on right now and I can’t give you a timescale on when it will be ready. I can say it will not be in the next few months as it’s not something we are actively working on yet.

Our focus in the short-term is launching a new credit score tracking service and then we have a list of other things that we will be working on that we’ve determined are a higher priority for us and our customers based on various factors.

We know there is a big demand for split categories - especially for people who have joined us from MoneyDashboard last year. We are are a small team and we have to pick our priorities very carefully and this particular one hasn’t reached the top of that list just yet.

I’m really sorry to hear you feel that’s a deal breaker and I hope when we eventually launch this you’ll give us another try.

Paul

1 Like

Thanks @paul_k appreicate your response, even though it wasn’t what I was hoping to read!

I’ve compared 5 different money tracking apps, and yours is the only one that doesn’t offer the ability to split a transaction. Given the amount of customers I can see asking you for it, surely this tells it’s own story!?

As you do not see this feature as a priority right now, what is your work around for categorising transactions that are split?

It is real life, that most transactions at supermarkets, amazon etc will not all fall into one category!

Looking for your help?

2 Likes

Hi @Reuben I’m sorry but we don’t have any workarounds for what you are looking for. You can add notes to transactions for the likes of Supermarkets, Amazon etc. However I know that will not achieve the results you are looking for.

if you want to be able to split into more granular categories for a single transaction this is not something we support right now.

I’m sorry that we don’t currently meet your needs here.
Paul

1 Like

Not sure if this is more hassle than its worth, but for important and large value splits, try marking the transaction as a transfer. Then transfer a number of amounts, which equate to your splits, into another accounts and mark these with the correct categories. Then do another corresponding transfer to negate the original transfer. It would probably work, but not a real work a round. Luckily i get my partner to buy stuff, and then do a multitude of

1 Like

Just adding my weight to this, with numerous Amazon purchases and subscribe and saves, Bill splitting is really needed.

I know it’s not high on the list, but it is a real issue for us. Buying things in supermarkets, the need to allocate things to food and drink or clothes or homeware is really important for me.

Like many coming from Money Dashboard, this is feature and the ability not to be able to group categories are big missing features.

3 Likes

Agreed.

Category splitting in transactions would be really useful for:

Cash - withdrawing cash to pay multiple categories of bills

Amazon purchases - different items purchased fall under different categories

1 Like

Thank you @AndyMac and @Puresix for adding your votes for the ability to split a transaction into multiple categories.

Whilst this isn’t something we’re working on at the moment so we aren’t able to provide a delivery expectation for such a feature - we do understand the level of demand to see this from our users and so we’ll hopefully make this happen in Snoop’s future.

All the best,
Charley

2 Likes

Just adding another +1 to this, please Snoop team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m adding my vote to split bills.
Useful for……
Allocation of cash
Digging into a particular spend when I’m focusing on tighter budgeting

1 Like

Thanks @tomematthews and @Ostreger - we appreciate you both sharing your votes to see such a feature in Snoop’s future too!

All the best,
Charley

Further vote for transaction split. I’ve been using the app for a couple of days now and I’m pretty impressed, so much so I’ll probably purchase the annual subscription.

My immediate need is split transactions after just a couple of days of using the app. Even if there was a way to adjust the transaction amount, or add in dummy records to account for adjustments would be of use. Appreciate that would probably cause some issues for absolute consolidation of the individual line items/transactions.

What would be really useful, unless it’s already published somewhere is a thread stating ‘working on/in production’ features and ‘upcoming’, timelines aside.

Great app, desperately wanting split transactions, pretty please.

Hi, I too would find splitting transactions beneficial to help with budgeting.

Thank you for sharing your votes @Lilydog and @Cory - we really appreciate this!

I’ve also shared your suggestion @Cory of having a thread or a page to track the status of requested features. Great idea!