Scheduled Maintenance - February 20th 23:00

Hi everyone - the Snoop platform will be unavailable for a few hours overnight from 11pm on Tuesday 20th February 2024. This means both the mobile and web versions of Snoop will not be available.

This maintenance will take a few hours but all services are expected to be back up and running by 5am on Wednesday.

Paul

3 Likes

Good morning everyone, unfortunately our maintenance process is taking a little longer than expected and the Snoop apps are still currently unavailable (6am on Wed 21st). We are working as quickly as possible to get everything back up and running this morning and I will post a further update in the next couple of hours.

Paul

Further update @ 07:30

Our engineers continue to work on getting services back up and running as quickly as possible. It’s not currently possible to give firm time when this will be completed, but it won’t be before 08:30.

I will provide a further update in an hour.

Paul

1 Like

Thank you for keeping us up-to-date.

1 Like

Update 08:30

Engineers are still working hard to restore all services. We’ve made good progress in the last hour and our current projected time for making the apps available is between 09:30 - 10:00 this morning.

I will update in about an hour.

Paul

Lol what did you do. I’m intrigued. I work in IT myself and currently in the same boat on a project. Don’t you just love it when it doesn’t go to plan!

2 Likes

Aaaaaghhh…theres probably hundreds of people like me this morning who’s obsessive checking of Snoop every morning has been curtailed and now face a miserable day worrying about whether the cat has been secretly using their credit card overnight…

Great App…

2 Likes

Sorry for the disruption everyone - as you can imagine, we certainly don’t do these changes lightly.

Although we make changes to our production systems every single day, these don’t typically require us to stop our services from being used. However every 6 months or so we have to do major platform upgrades - normally to the underlying databases that power Snoop. It was one of these major changes last night.

This one had a particular unplanned issue that was not seen in all the testing we did. Our engineers have worked through the night to try and resolve and hopefully the end is in sight.

We obviously can’t let everyone start using the app again until we’ve fully proven everything is working. I will provide a further update in the next hour.

Paul

1 Like

Your care and diligence is appreciated (as many a wronged sub postmaster might attest).

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it Paul, these things happen. You are better getting it resolved than trying to get it half working and causing untold grief down the line.

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping us informed - it makes all the difference!

2 Likes

All engineering work has now completed and we are in our final checking stage.

We hope to be back up and running very soon.

Thank you for your continued patience and messages above.

2 Likes

If it’s a Database upgrade make sure to rerun “Analyse Verbose;” this will rebuild the indexes.

Learning from experience… :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Ha - yes we’ve had to do this very step this morning!

Paul

1 Like

Thank you for everyone’s patience

The app is now available and we will be closely monitoring over the next few hours.

You should see a message in app that explains that account balances, transactions and bills may not be up-to-date. We are now busy processing all the updates we get from your banks overnight (which normally have all processed before 7am each day).

Sorry again for the disruption this morning

Paul

The indexes should also be updating throughout the day.

Step 14.

We also stayed up late recently because of this.

Patience is recommended to just wait for updates

1 Like