Out of interest

Understood. I know you’re working on more responses than just Like, Dislike, It’s Wrong, but it would be even more helpful to be able to select why you don’t like it (without then having to send an email), and it would help Snoop learn too. So if I could select ‘Don’t show me this brand’ it would know I don’t like that brand but do like loyalty schemes, but if I were to select ‘Don’t like loyalty schemes’ or ‘don’t like app suggestions’ or something, it would learn that I do still like that brand but don’t like the suggestion to do with it, without moving a brand I like further down my Snoops prioritisation.

1 Like

Understood Charlotte and makes complete sense. I guess what we are trying to do is balance simplicity of interaction vs richness of insight if that makes sense? Will think some more on it given your suggestion above - many thanks! Paul

Thanks Paul!

On this, would it be possible to have the existing simple interface (like/dislike) but qualify the likes/dislikes with numbers - eg once I’ve disliked two different JohnLewis snoops (with different types eg loyalty-scheme vs offer) then you can be more confident it’s JL I don’t like.

I think I can clarify if the above is garbled :grin:

1 Like

Hi Chris - this does make sense thanks. As time goes on, we will get more and more sophisticated here so will feed this into the development process - thanks! Paul

1 Like

Hey @chris,

Nice idea I just post a couple of mins ago about that, something like Google news does once you dislike an article is asking why that and giving some options…

See here about it:

1 Like

Just an FYI really: every Snoop I’ve been suggested today told me to sign up for email offers from the vendor. The last thing I want is more email! I much prefer the Snoops that tell me intelligent things about my spending, warnings about expiry deadlines, and genuine insights into how I can save money by knowing the market. Anyone can sign up for email offers so I don’t need Snoop for that :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @charlwillis - understood and we’ll definitely reflect on this. Appreciate the feedback as always.

1 Like

Love love LOVE this! This sort of thing is what will make Snoop my favourite and go-to finance app!

Thanks Charlotte. We really appreciate the positive feedback. There’s lots more like this to come… :slight_smile:

1 Like

New Snoop notification this morning telling me I had a new #1 Snoop so I clicked on it (nothing - as expected at the moment until they’re fixed) and it showed me three brand new really interesting and intelligent snoops (my correct spend with Nutmeg, my correct spend with Pret, and the best savings accounts from Money watch at the moment - very topical given the markets!).

All all of them appeared at the top of my Snoop feed, not under my existing pinned and liked Snoops! Just what I like to see! Great improvements both on the correct intelligence but also on the rearranging of the Snoop feed. (any update on when pinned Snoops will move permanently to ‘pinned’?)

Keep up the good work! :innocent:

1 Like

Similar experience for me today, but my Nutmeg spend is still double what it should be…

Actually I confess I didn’t check whether my Nutmeg amount was now right but it sounded about right so I sort of assumed it must be… My bad!

Thanks Charlotte. Very much appreciate the positive feedback. We’ve got more to come - so will be interested to see what you think. We’re still working on the “Pinned” improvement, but it remains very much front of mind for us. :slight_smile:

Hi Richard. Glad you’re enjoying your Snoop feed too. Apologies - we’re really clear what we need to do to fix the Nutmeg issue as appreciate it’s annoying. We’re on it! :+1:

1 Like

Hi team Snoop,

I’m very much appreciating the charitable Snoops at the moment, thank you.

I also noticed the tweet about DealFinder this evening, and it’s just a note to say that it’s only available on Chrome browsers rather than any browser, so might be worth updating the Snoop text.

Thanks!

Charlotte

Morning Charlotte. That’s a really good spot, thank you. I’ll get that amend made. Thank you for pointing it out. Paul

Morning,

Good to see the potentially money-saving switching Snoops starting to appear. Out of interest do you have any way of knowing whether people have exit fees or minimum terms on their energy contracts? I assume not. As switching services become regularly commonplace these days, one way you could distinguish Snoop from others is advising people to make sure they check these details before they switch. If they’re not a decent way into a contract, there may be a fee to pay to switch which could impact the savings advertised - I know someone stung with that before.

Thanks,

Charlotte

Also, has the Transaction. Detail screen changed? An Amazon transaction I made on the 4th April does include a category, whereas an Amazon transaction I made yesterday doesn’t include a category? See screenshot.

I find the categories frustrating as I seem to have to correct many of them. I guess that’ll improve as Snoop learns more and more retailers and transactions but if there are any improvements you can make on this, that would be great. (I’ve also just emailed about an incorrect retailer’s transaction name and logo).

I notice the Starling app allows me to see how much I’ve spent with a particular merchant month on month which is really helpful (as well as by category). My Monzo app doesn’t allow me to do this. It would be great if Snoop could too.

Thanks!

Charlotte

Hey Charlotte,

good spot :eyes:! We have made a slight change to the transaction details screen for PENDING transactions as they were causing us problems with categorisation. Different banks send through varying levels of detail with pending transactions and therefore we were struggling to effectively categorise them…for this reason we thought it was better to remove the functionality. Also, the way pending transactions are replaced by the booked transactions we get from banks meant that any changes to categorisation on pendings was not being carried through to the booked version of the same transaction.

You should be able to see / manage the categories of booked transactions in the same way as before.

Hopefully the changes will make it simpler for us to improve the overall categorisation experience as we’re still working on making it more accurate.

We’re launching some interesting new Snoops that will start to give a merchant level breakdown of weekly and monthly spending soon and definitely have plans to build a merchant view of spending (like categories) after that.

Thanks,

Ross